At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a RTR QC NDT Level III for its Lynchburg, VA location!
- Establishes techniques and procedures for NDT inspections; interprets codes, standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Oversees NDT operations, interpretation, and evaluation of results in terms of codes, standards, and specifications.
- Establishes techniques and acceptance criteria when none are available.
- Performs training and examination for Level I and II inspectors.
- Works with Quality Engineers, the QC Front Line Manager, Engineering and other groups.
- Performs other Quality Control tasks as needed to support the Research and Test Reactor Programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Must possess at least six (6) years of related experience.
- Must currently hold and maintain ASNT Level III certification in Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), and Visual Testing (VT).
- Must meet the education, training, and experience requirements of ASNT SNT-TC-1A.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is required.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and complex and creative problem-solving abilities within cross functional teams is required.
- Must have demonstrable skills and knowledge in writing and reading technical reports.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
<span 9pt="">Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Lynchburg Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA