Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWX Technologies, Inc., is seeking a NCS Engineer for its Technical Services Group Project Team.
- Responsible for performing Nuclear Criticality Safety analyses and developing the safety basis for fissile material operations in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Develop computer models to demonstrate compliance with NRC license limits during normal operations and process upsets.
- Establish limits and controls for plant activities to maintain safe and effective operations.
- Participate in Integrated Safety Analyses by evaluating accident scenarios and identifying Items Relied on For Safety to prevent a potential criticality accident.
- Participate in audits and inspections, incident investigations, and design reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Physics (Nuclear Engineering preferred) from an ABET accredited institution/program.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Prior Nuclear Criticality Safety experience is preferred.
This role will be Part-Time Casual, paid on a weekly basis. Successful candidate may deploy to any one of several Department of Energy, Department of Defense or private contract sites for temporary assignment.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Lynchburg Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA