Foti, Flynn, Lowen & Co is seeking a manager for its diverse Small Business Department.
The manager of the department will be responsible for overseeing the staff while maintaining bookkeeping duties for multiple clients. Responsibilities of the manager, on top of regular work duties, will include assisting staff to solve problems, on-boarding new clients, and special projects for clients. The manager is expected to be proficient in all the normal duties of bookkeeping.
The manager will be responsible for various bookkeeping duties for multiple clients. Responsibilities will include maintaining bookkeeping and accounting records for assigned clients, including general journal, cash accounts, bill paying and monthly account reconciliation. Once accounts have been reconciled and proper journal entries recorded, compiled financial statements will be prepared.
The manager will also be assigned multiple payrolls for processing. Responsibilities associated with the payrolls will include creating payroll checks, direct deposit, payroll tax deposits, garnishment payments, and payroll tax returns.
Other bookkeeper duties that will be assigned throughout the year include:
- Sales Tax returns
- Business License preparation
- Personal Property returns
- QuickBooks training for clients
- Year-end cleanup of financials to be used by our tax department for tax return preparation
- Experience processing payrolls and payroll tax returns
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Preference given to individuals with public accounting experience
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.