Roanoke Regional Airport Commission
Airport Maintenance Technician 1 (local, qualified candidates preferred)
To see the full job description, and to obtain an application please go www.flyroa.com or
to the Roanoke Regional Airport Commission office which is on the
second floor of the airport, located at 5202 Aviation Drive NW, Roanoke,
VA 24012. Resumes can be submitted, but only if accompanied by a
Commission application. Review of applications will begin as they
arrive. We welcome qualified candidates to apply soon.
This position performs a wide variety of unskilled/semi-skilled work related to the day to day operations and duties associated with the safety and maintenance of Commission owned buildings, grounds and paved areas. Duties are primarily performed outside in all types of weather and include snow removal. Employees must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays as needed. The pay rate begins at $13.19 per hour, and employees are offered an excellent benefits package, including a pension plan.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Background check must meet TSA security requirements
- Have, or be able to obtain, a Virginia driver’s license within 30 days and maintain a driving record acceptable to the Roanoke Regional Airport Commission and its insurance carrier(s)
- CDL (current) is required or able to successfully obtain within 12 months
- Must be able to read and speak clearly in order to operate equipment and move around in a safe manner
- Small handheld to large heavy equipment operation (minimum of 1 year) experience
- Basic electrical/plumbing knowledge
This position is open until filled and will close without advance notice.
The Roanoke Regional Airport Commission encourages diversity.
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA