Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Behavioral Health Specialist to join our healthcare team at Northwest Correctional Complex located in Tiptonville, TN.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Behavioral Health Specialist
* Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Mental Health-related field
* Master*s Degree a plus
* Must pass security clearance
* PPD (Annual Purified Protein Derivative) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Behavioral Health Specialist
* Assists as needed in discharge planning and referral process to appropriate resources when inmates are close to discharge.
* Quickly responds to and assess inmates in need of crisis intervention. Completes mental health crisis assessments in various inmate housing units.
* Consults with the multidisciplinary team on all crisis intervention cases for possible transfers to alternate levels of care.
* Provides group counseling as clinically appropriate, and agreed upon by the treatment team.
* Initiates, completes and maintains all of the treatment plans, including group therapy portions of treatment plans. Attends weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocol.
* Completes bio-psychosocial assessments and other mental health reports and summaries as required.
* Provides documentation in accordance with department policies, procedures and Health Services Bulletins.
* Completes a daily operations log.
* Participates in mandatory training activities as well as orientation of new staff.
* Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
* 11. Adheres to regulations of medical chart *sign outs* and returns all charts to Medical Records daily or via site specific Medical Records protocol.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Behavioral Health Specialist
* Paid Time Off
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Tuition Assistance
* 401(k) with company match
* Free online Continuing Education program
* Comprehensive Onboarding
Apply online or contact: Christine Haskell at 239.322.2571 (Christine.email@example.com)
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity as, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Tiptonville, TN