Virginia Community College System - Shared Services Center
Thank you for considering Virginia Community College System in
Virginia Community College System:
Virginia’s Community Colleges were created more than 50 years ago
to address Virginia’s unmet needs in higher education and workforce training.
With its mission to give everyone the opportunity to learn and develop the
right skills so lives and communities are strengthened, the Virginia Community
College System (VCCS) works to provide world class services that foster and
expand access to exemplary learning experiences for all by expanding access,
providing affordability, supporting student success, expanding workforce
development training, and securing resources to achieve its goals.
The Shared Services Center (SSC) supports the VCCS by providing
excellent customer service and effective and efficient administrative services
to the 23 community colleges and System Office. These services include common
and routine functions in the areas of human resources, fiscal services, payroll
and procurement with the intent to use economics of scale and specialized
expertise to support its customers.
The Business Transformation Office (BTO) will drive change and
execute the vision with the available resources. This position is a member of
the BTO reporting to the BTO Manager. The BTO is responsible for providing
business service strategy and planning, project strategy and planning,
communication and change management, and continuous improvement performance
The Process Analyst will work as an operations analyst for both
the SSC and the colleges. The Process Analyst will be responsible for:
· Identifying compliance and process improvement opportunities for
services lines at the Shared Services Center.
· Systematically documenting current process flows, identifying risk
within the process, and providing solutions that are scalable and sustainable.
· Define, document, implement, and sustain process flows for
services offered at the Shared Services Center.
· Analyze data to identify opportunities to improve results.
· Create and present cost-benefit analysis for solutions.
· Document processes using appropriate documentation tools such as
Microsoft Word, Visio, etc.
· Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure business processes
and rules are aligned, adjusting documentation accordingly.
· Ensure changes are communicated to the appropriate stakeholders in
a timely manner.
· Identify and occasionally lead training needs for Shared Services
Center staff and our customers.
· Identify and lead improvements in existing systems and processes
using Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, RCCM, DMAIC, or other process improvement
methodologies.Translate business needs to IT/software requirements so that IT
programmers/analysts can build effective tools.
· Work with the other members of the BTO to develop materials and
share with the various customers the services, benefits, and impacts of the SSC
that are relevant to the customer and the SSC mission.
· Contribute to the health and positive culture of the shared
services team to enable, empower, and support the larger team.Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
combination of training and experience
· Experience working in Human Resources, Finance, Call Center, or
· Experience translating business needs to software requirements and
communicating effectively with IT to develop effective IT solutions
· Experience serving as a dedicated process improvement
representative with demonstrated evidence of cost savings and improving
· Experience documenting work flows and procedures in Microsoft
Office (particularly Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Experience facilitating cross functional process improvement
efforts using Lean or Six Sigma Tools, e.g. Kaizen, RRCM, VSM
· Experience analyzing and interpreting data
· Experience identifying and defining key performance indicators
· Project Management / Business Analyst / Organizational Change
Management skills or certification
· Lean / Six Sigma certifications
· Higher Education work experience
· Multiple years of relevant work experience
The Shared Services Center is located in the beautiful mountain
area of Daleville, Virginia.
Salary commensurate with education and work experience. This
position is defined as a state classified position. The VCCS offers competitive
compensation along with excellent benefits and opportunity for career
For information on benefit offerings, go to: http://cdn.vccs.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Classified-Staff-Benefits.pdf.
To apply for this position, qualified applicants must complete the
online information section and questions, and attach a resume and cover letter
with salary requirements for consideration. http://www.vccs.edu/careers/
Reference, background, and e-Verify checks are required for all
The Virginia Community College System is committed to fostering,
cultivating, and sustaining a culture of diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The VCCS encourages applications from
women, minorities, veterans, and those with disabilities in our effort to
reflect our diverse society.
We thank you for your interest in the Virginia Community College
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA