Elite Contracting Group, one of the fastest growing full service companies in Virginia, is currently looking for a General Laborer, primarily performing lane closures, maintenance and construction duties, out of our Southwest VA office.
We are looking for a person with a positive can do attitude perform a combination of construction duties, skilled equipment operations, preventive maintenance and manual labors tasks to maintain Virginia roadways. General Laborers will work under a Foreman/Crew Lead setting detours, lane closures, work zones, etc., and trenching, conduit installation, and working with concrete. Safety is Elite’s highest value and we will provide you with the training you will need to succeed in this role.
Elite team members enjoy a a 50 hour work week on average, pay rates starting at $14 per hour with hours worked over 40 paid at time and a half. Employees are paid weekly and Elite offers all employees medical and dental coverage, medical prescription card, and ability to earn generous paid time off. Our crews are equipped with well-maintained, newer model equipment.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Intermediate Work Zone certification (MOT card) a plus
- Previous professional experience demonstrating a strong work ethic and motivation
- A flexible schedule and ability to be to work as early as 6AM;
- Ability to perform manual labor and use hand and power tools. such as shovels and concrete saws
- Ability to learn highway maintenance/construction practices and procedures, including interpreting and applying work zone safety and traffic controls
- Skill operating and maintaining light/medium/heavy duty trucks and equipment.
- Ability to complete paperwork and maintain records.
- A Valid Driver’s License in the Commonwealth of Virginia;Good balance and physical strength with the ability to lift, push and carry 50 – 70 pounds;
- The ability to carry a backpack weighing 50 to 70 pounds and be able to frequently walk, bend, kneel, reach and climb.
- Ability to work in diverse conditions at various sites including exposure to the outdoors, weather in all seasons, and insects
Elite Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. It is the intent of Elite Contracting employment and personnel practices to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination.