Busy Pediatric office seeking Full and Part time LPN’s.
Responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic
patients following established policies and procedures established at
Physicians to Children. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares patients for examination to include history, vital signs,
EHR documentation (example: drug allergies, chief complaint, immunizations)
underdirect supervision of team leader for nursing and/or provider.
- Checks schedule and organize patient flow. Accompanies patient to
exam/ procedure/consult room.
- Schedules return checkup appointments and prints reminder for
future appointment from EPM.
- Administers medications and treatment ordered by provider.
- Immunizations and medications are administered according to proper
- Documentation is entered in the electronic chart accurately and
patient education materials prepared according to guidelines.
- Performs treatment and assists with testing proficiently as ordered
by providers (example: nebulizer treatments, hearing and vision, ear
irrigation, tympanogram, oximeter).
- Performs throat and flu swabs as directed by the physician and
assists lab personnel as needed.
- Collects capillary stick for hematocrit and accucheck, mono, CBC
and lead (after training has been successfully completed.)
- Calls in prescriptions as directed by the physician.
- Triages patients following Physicians to Children and Barton
Schmitt protocols and guidelines.
- Responds appropriately and timely to patient calls.
- Consults providers when appropriate.
- Documents calls clearly and promptly in EHR.
- Phones prescriptions under providers’ supervision and documents
appropriately in EHR.
- Schedules appointments following PTC guidelines.
- Responds to emergency situations appropriately as outlined in job
- Communicates instructions clearly and concisely according to PTC
- Starts process for prior authorization and completes as much of
form as possible before holding chart to provider.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA