The Virginia Tech Foundation was established in 1948 to receive, manage, and disburse private gifts in support of Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech was founded in 1872 and offers 215 programs to over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
The Office of Investments and Debt Management (IDM) is overseen by the University Treasurer (UT) who also serves as the Associate Vice President for Finance for the Virginia Tech Foundation. IDM is responsible for the management, accounting and reporting of various operating and short-term investment funds for both Virginia Tech and the Virginia Tech Foundation. It is also responsible for the issuance and ongoing management of debt for both the University and the Foundation, as well as the management and reporting of the Foundation’s Consolidated Endowment Fund, the investment overview of the deferred gift program, and the management of the stock gift liquidation program.
The position will report to the IDM Administrative Assistant. Primary duties will include assisting with the budgetary process for IDM and receipt of all stock donations given multiple broker liquidation requirements and IRS gift value regulations. The position will also assist with the management and corresponding accounting of between $5 million and $15 million of annual stock liquidations and coordinate donor information with University Development and VTF personnel, as needed. The position will also assist with records management and requests for payment, and various audit and reconciliation responsibilities.
Management of Stock Gifts in Support of Virginia Tech:
- Assist with the coordination of all restriction and donor information with Development Office personnel on stock gifts, preparation of journal entries subsequent to stock sale, and preparation of deposit tickets, VTF batch information and maintenance of monthly spreadsheet for stock gifts processed through BNY Mellon Capital Markets.
- Review access database of stock donor gift information and prepare a corresponding completed gift summary report.
- Assist stock brokers regarding the transfer of stock gifts, obtain account numbers for the proper designation of stock gifts, determine gift value dates per IRS guidelines, and track unknown gifts through various broker networks.
- Assist with the annual operating and salary budget preparation for IDM and the annual university operating budget for the UT.
Audit and Reconciliation:
- Assist with the annual audit of vintage artwork.
- Assist with the semi-annual audit of fixed assets by conducting a physical audit of IDM and UT fixed assets and review for possible discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly operating budget reconciliation and audit of organization funds of both IDM and the UT.
- Approve student hires and terminations, and verify/approve banner entries submitted by IDM receptionist.
- Assist the IDM receptionist with the twice monthly reconciliation and audit of the hourly-weekly student payroll.
- Assist the IDM receptionist in maintaining current file system and file retention, and process all incoming and outgoing mail on a timely basis.
Request for Payments:
- Assist in preparation and processing of request for payments and accounting vouchers on a timely basis.
- Assist Director of Debt Management with debt service payments and the payment of monthly debt billings and other assignments as needed.
Associate degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience in a business environment preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary. Individual must have the ability to prioritize daily activities and be extremely organized. A thorough working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications is required, with extensive experience creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to the HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer.