Do you want to be part of a drug and alcohol treatment program that gives inmates more options?
BRBH is seeking a Substance Abuse Clinician in Alpha Jail Services toprovide group counseling to men participating in a recovery program located in the local jails.
A typical day includes providing direct group counseling to 15 - 18 incarcerated men. Alpha’s residential inmates spend 120 days in the program while incarcerated, followed by another 36 weeks of outpatient treatment after they’re released.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have knowledge of counseling and the criminal justice system, be comfortable working independently in a controlled environment, and be a team player.
Why work at BRBH?
- Reduce Recidivism: In this job you spend the majority of your day helping incarcerated men learn skills they can use to reduce additional incarcerations.
- Experienced co-workers: Be part of the skilled team providing services including counseling, discharge planning, case management, and peer support. We all come together to provide individuals who have been incarcerated the skills they can use to succeed.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits.htm
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Read more about our Alpha Jail program in The Roanoke Times: http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/roanoke_county/alpha-rehab-project-gives-inmates-options/article_ae73ff9d-0625-5052-a2ff-2aa68634a165.html
1. Bachelors Degree in human service field (psychology, sociology, or similar) and at least one year experience working with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
2. A working knowledge of the criminal justice system is a plus.
3. Candidates must be eligible to become a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) and must receive certification as a QSAP within 18 months of hire.
4. Candidates must be able to pass background checks including those required by the local jails.
5. Candidates must have a good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years (including DUI) and are required to undergo a fingerprint background check.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Mental Health/ Mental Illness / Counseling