The Roanoke Times, a BH Media company, is seeking a full time Distribution Center Coordinator. This position is responsible for staging the newspapers and other products, verify counts of newspapers, and to communicate with District Managers and carriers. You will also serve as a dispatcher who will coordinate all morning route issues. Provides assistance to the Single Copy Department with verification of returned newspapers for our publications we distribute.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Staging newspapers and other products.
- Verify counts of newspapers.
- Staging Wall Street newspapers
- Distribute paperwork including bundle labels.
- Fill Supply Orders.
- Relays information to District manager and dispatcher.
- Deliver newspapers to subscribers within a defined district.
- Deliver shortages to carriers
- Clean and Install paper tubes
- Verify delivery of newspapers, TMCs, or other products.
- Have DC ready to open to carriers by 2 am.
- Able to lift 30 lbs repeatedly.
- Organization skills.
- Willing to clean center and empty trash.
- Have reliable transportation and willing to use it for company business as needed.
- Will count newspapers submitted by the corresponding single copy carriers
- Process newspapers for recycling.
- Leave the signed reports on the single copy district manager’s desk weekly before leaving for the day.
- Serve as a re-delivery driver for stores
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal/customer service skills
- Basic math skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A conscientious attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Ability to be flexible and adapt
- A reliable vehicle
- Work independently
- Valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Delivery and customer relations experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly
- Work in all weather conditions