Regional business seeks multiple positions from technician, entry level to senior level Engineer, Geologist, or Environmental Scientist to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- With senior oversight, handles most aspects of case management/project management for industrial, commercial, and petroleum projects, mold, and asbestos, which includes commercial and retail petroleum sites.
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan, and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Previous experience required for higher level positions. Must include fieldwork, office work, and case management experience for petroleum and/or industrial environmental remediation projects.
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC.
- Working knowledge of Virginia environmental regulations a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, and more.
This business is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA (US - 24018)