Regional business seeks Environmental Technician to join
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists with a range of environmental projects including but
not limited to petroleum remediation, mold, and asbestos for commercial and
- Performs soil and groundwater sampling and related
- Inspects and maintains equipment.
- Assists with Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Aboveground
Storage Tank (AST) removals and related services.
- Performs general labor, operations, and maintenance at
petroleum contaminated sites.
- Must be able to do physically demanding work including
lifting over 50 pounds and using hand auger equipment.
- Works with senior staff to ensure all resources are in place
for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Emergency Spill Response and physically demanding duties are
periodically required. May require 24
hour/7 day a week work under special circumstances.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract
specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and
Skills and Requirements
- Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of Virginia environmental regulations a
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems a plus.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Environmental Science,
Geology or a related discipline preferred but not required.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour
HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned.
This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
This business is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA